Have a leaking shower at your home? Then you need a specialist. That's where Gaffney's Leaking Showers can come to the rescue. Your industry specialist, Gaffneys Leaking Showers provides leaking shower repair services in Wollongong, Sydney and Brisbane. We promise quick turnaround and lasting results on all jobs, big or small. So don't hesitate call us for leaking shower repair in Wollongong today. For more information please read the provided information below.
Leaking Shower Repair FAQ's for Wollongong, Sydney & Brisbane areas
What has made my shower leak?
Bathroom damage can occur from the poor quality of grouting, tap penetrations, leaking tap fittings or faulty plumbing. Whenever your shower is used, small amounts of water can escape into the sub-surface between showers. This situation can occur from:
- Damaged grout line and tiles, where water seeps through the shower wall and floor. Moisture can also saturate the floors and rise into the walls making it highly visible.
- Clogged shower drains leaves water sitting within the pan, making it impossible to escape.
How do I know if my shower is leaking?
To identify whether your shower has incurred damage, then you should be aware of problems such as:
- Damaged, mouldy, loose, discoloured or missing tiles
- Missing, cracked or mouldy grout
- Damaged, cracked, old or ill-fitting shower screens
- Wet carpets or floors in adjoining rooms
- Damaged walls (looks like salt damp or paint peeling off)
- Excessive mould
- Damaged skirting
What effect does a leaking shower have on me?
Leaking showers can cause mould, mildew and other nasties within the bathroom, which affects the health of you and your family. The issue can also cost a lot of money for future renovating if the problem is not fixed as soon as possible. Fixing showers immediately will also fix other compound damaged such as damage to carpets, paintwork and damage to walls and floors.
What processes are undertaken?
To rid the problem for good and not just cover it up, the floor tiles and some walls tiles may have to be removed to render the shower before waterproofing, to ensure your shower will look like new. As Larry is a qualified tiler, you will also avoid paying extra costs to replace the tiles.